Support to Malawi Police ServiceAs part of the Inspector General's extension of social services amongst the
Malawi Police Service, his spouse has also been regularly engaged in
assisting the needy families within the Police Service where Gift of the Givers has made contributions.
The following items have been donated:
- Blankets: to benefit the widows and children as well as families of the retired police officers across the country.
- Solar radios targeting police stations where there is no electricity so that they are able to follow whatever is happening elsewhere within and outside the country .
- Solar lights to be used in police outstations where there is no electricity .
- Gift parcels to benefit needy families in the Service.
- Iftaar packs targeting Muslim Police Officers during the holy month of Ramadhan.
- Corn Soya Blend (Likuni Phala) for consumption by malnourished children within the Police Service.
- Sibusiso Ready Food Supplement for use by the officers who are suffering from diseases such as TB, HIV/Aids and other ailments, besides being consumed by police officers stationed in the remotest areas of Malawi as food intake whilst on duty.
Total value of donations made to Malawi Police since 2008 to date is K6.8 million Kwacha which equates to ZAR 301,286.23