- Athlone School for the Blind: 880 × 5lt
- Shiloh Synergy (poverty relief to the farm areas): 880 × 5lt
- Alta Du Toit Centre (Mentally Challenge Centre for Adults): 880 x 5lt
- K.S.E Diens (Frail Care and Mentally Challenged Centre): 880 x 5lt
3168 × 5lt water handed over to Matzikama Municipality and to Vergenoeg Primary School in Vredendal.
The people of Koekenaap also received a much needed supply of water, 2016 x 5lt bottles of water was delivered to the community on the border between the Western and Northern Cape. This community and many others say they will be out of drinking water in 28 days.
3750 x 5lt bottles of water delivered to the community of Klawer with the help of the local Municipality.
A very big "thank you" to all those compassionate, warm hearted people from all over our country and beyond our borders that have donated millions of litres of bottled water and cash to Gift of the Givers for our drought intervention campaign in the Western Cape. Large communities in rural areas, farmers, labourers, schools, institutions and animal shelters have been the recipients of your
Gift of the Givers with Makro held a Water Awareness Day at Marconi Beam Primary School and Scottesville Primary School in Cape Town. The team was accompanied by Miss Earth 2017, Irini Moutzouris. Each student received a bottle of water and Easter eggs.
Gift of the Givers delivers bottled water to the following institutions: #CapeTownDrought
- Isikhokelo Primary School, Khayelitsha
450 x 5lt
- House of Home Morea Old Age Home, Lotus Rice
288 x 5lt
- Grassy Park Home for Mentally Challenged
144 x 5lt
- Woodside Special Care for Intellectually Challenged and Disabled Children, Rondebosch
288 x 5lt
- Marsh Memorial Children's Home, Rondebosch
More boreholes planned for Cape Town, please contribute here: http://www.giftofthegivers.org/contribute
- 70 residents at the Turfhall Cheshire Home. Water is a vital part of their health as many are on chronic medication.
- Saambou Primary School, Manenberg. 330 learners experienced 4 days of no running water, 200 x
Visiting two springs in Cape Town was an eye opener for the Gift of the Givers teams. Once the water supply was cut to 50L per day on 1 Feb, in essence, Day Zero had been reached. The water restriction knows no race, religion, colour, class, culture or social status. Whether you came walking or in a German luxury vehicle you all stood in the same queue patiently waiting your turn to collect
Gift of the Givers distributes water in Worcester communities and schools for the deaf and blind:
- 288 x 5lt to Pioneer School for the Blind
- 580 x 5 lt to De La Bat School for the Deaf
- 4150 x 5 lt to Rawsonville and Avian Park Communities
Gift of the Givers distributes 900 x 5lt bottles of water to Spes Gona High School in Athlone. The school had a burst pipe and had no running water for 2 days.
3450 x 5lt bottles of water distributed to Sir Lowry's Village, Chris Nissen and Macassar in the Western Cape. 500 Kit Kat chocolates handed out to the kids.
Gift of the Givers delivers bottled water to:
- Instshinga Primary School, Gugulethu = 432 x 5lt
- Sarah Fox Convalescent Hospital, Bridgetown = 144 x 5lt
- G.H Stark Frail & Old Age Home, Hanover Park = 288 x 5lt
Via ship a consignment of bottled water will leave Durban harbor destined for Cape Town. The Gift of the Givers KZN team loaded 3 x 40ft containers laden with water, an essential part of our existence. #DayZero #CapeTownDrought
All shipping costs and harbor charges were wavered, a big thank you to Transnet and the Shipping Association.
Play your part in Gift of the Givers drought relief campaign
Day Zero is virtually inevitable, the situation cannot be reversed as significant rainfall is not guaranteed and water consumption exceeds daily targets. Four million people face the harsh reality of standing in water queues at 200 distribution points throughout the Western Cape. This process could last a week, a month or even a whole year depending on the strength of our prayer.
Cape Town Drought Relief contributions can be made here:
Gift of the Givers, Standard Bank, Pietermaritzburg, Account No. 052137228, Branch Code 057525. Ref: CT water.
5lt sealed and labeled bottles of water can be dropped off at the points listed in the links below. #CapeTownDrought