Background to Projects
Disaster Response and Management
- Search and Rescue Teams.
- Medical Teams.
- Counselling Teams.
- Emergency Supplies in the form of food, water, tents, blankets, medicines and high energy and protein supplements.
Primary Health Care Containerised Units.
Careline Counselling services
- Group/ Family
- Volunteer Counsellor Training (VCT)
- Facilitator training for women in abusive relationships
- Life-skills facilitator training
- HIV/AIDS awareness and education facilitator training
- Foundation playskills in children
- Advanced playskills in children
c. Continuous Development Programmes for Volunteer Counsellors
- Monthly core group meetings
- Workshops on topical issues
- Workshops to promote emotional well being of counsellors
d. Support Groups
- Support for women in abusive relationships
- Bereavement support to children and adults
e. Community Educational Outreach Programmes
f. Specialised Services (Corporates, Organisations and Public)
- Trauma Counselling
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP)
g. Internships and Learnerships
- Psychology & Social Work graduates
- Social Auxiliary workers
Medical Support to Hospitals
- Medical Equipment.
- Medicines and Disposables.
- Kitchens and food for patients.
- Hygiene packs and disinfectants.
- Bicycle Ambulances.
This includes ordinary and motorised wheelchairs.
This includes various forms of support to old age homes, orphanages, facilities for mentally and physically challenged individuals, shelters for abused women and children.
Bursaries and Scholarships.
Includes the distribution of blankets, clothes and shoes throughout the year. The items are all new.
Given as temporary support to the most vulnerable families.
Established in Gauteng and Western Cape
This is the distribution of a highly specialised groundnut-soya high energy and protein supplement, a world first, innovated by Gift of the Givers, and utilised in conditions of severe malnutrition, TB, HIV, AIDS, cancer and conditions of severe weakness and weight loss.
This is a special project done once a year co-inciding with the Islamic festival of Eid at the conclusion of pilgrimage when an animal sacrifice is offered and meat distributed to the poor. We have our own abattoir facility in Malawi where 10 000 families receive a 6kg meat parcel each.
- Providing Nutrition
- Distribution of Food Parcels
- Developing Food Gardens
- Providing Uniforms
- Providing New Clothing
- Distributing New Blankets
- Providing Furniture
- Distributing Stationery
- Setting up Technology Workshops and Providing New Library Books
- Supporting Cultural Programmes
- Providing Trophies for Learners
- Supporting Sports Programmes
- Road Safety Education
- Enhancing Infrastructure
- Establishing Open Source Computer Labs
- Providing Lifeskills Workshops
- Special Projects
- Copier Machines
- Early Childhood Development Centres
Includes the provision of fertiliser and seeds to enable people to be food secure.
In the form of boreholes, irrigation systems, taps, water tanks and bottled water.
Includes provision of equipment, supplies and skills to assist individuals become self-sufficient.
An innovative entrepreneur programme for grade 11 learners.
Encouraging health, fitness and sportsmanship through various sporting codes including karate, cricket, soccer, volleyball and netball.
Hygiene Pack Distribution
Promoting hygiene, health and cleanliness through the distribution of personal items including soap, body wash, toothbrushes, toothpaste and domestic cleaning items including detergents and disinfectants.
Various forms of waste material at our offices and warehouses are recycled.